Errors about making PYNQ images for ZCU106

PYNQ version: v2.7
Board name: ZCU106

I planned to using PYNQ on ZCU106, and when I performed make image for ZCU106 after I changed ZCU104’s spec and configured related parameters and environment, the error occurs.

The error occurs when running:

make images BOARDS=ZCU106 PREBUILT=./prebuilt/focal.aarch64.2.7.0_2021_11_17.tar.gz 

Details are:

make PYNQ_BUILD_ARCH=aarch64 -C pynq/lib/_pynq/_displayport/
  make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/pip-req-build-qwdx2lh8/pynq/lib/_pynq/_displayport'
  /usr/lib/ccache/g++ -fPIC -I/usr/include/libdrm -c -g -std=c++11 displayport.cpp
  /usr/lib/ccache/g++ -shared -fPIC -rdynamic displayport.o  -ldrm -o libdisplayport.so
  rm *.o
  make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/pip-req-build-qwdx2lh8/pynq/lib/_pynq/_displayport'
  copying pynq/lib/_pynq/_displayport/libdisplayport.so -> build/lib/pynq/lib/video
  make PYNQ_BUILD_ARCH=aarch64 -C pynq/lib/_pynq/_xhdmi/
  make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/pip-req-build-qwdx2lh8/pynq/lib/_pynq/_xhdmi'
  make -C .. -f embeddedsw_lib.mk
  make[2]: Entering directory '/tmp/pip-req-build-qwdx2lh8/pynq/lib/_pynq'
  make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'embeddedsw', needed by '_xhdmi/libxhdmi.so'.  Stop.
  make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/pip-req-build-qwdx2lh8/pynq/lib/_pynq'
  make[1]: *** [Makefile:7: all] Error 2
  make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/pip-req-build-qwdx2lh8/pynq/lib/_pynq/_xhdmi'
  error: command 'make' failed with exit status 2

The error said needed by ‘_xhdmi/libxhdmi.so’, and I have already set up the XILINX HDMI license.

I wonder how this error can be fixed. thanks!

@jeremyatedge

make clean and try?

How about the board files are set properly?

Enjoy~

@briansune

Thanks for your reply, I will make clean and try again. Btw, what do you mean by setting board file, like modifying .spec file or something else?

@jeremyatedge

Yes, baseoverlay, spec defines etc.

@briansune

Thank you so much, Briansume! I tried to make clean and make again, it works : ) :+1:

1 Like

@jeremyatedge

Great, time to rock and roll.
ENJOY~

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.