PYNQ Composable Overlay Default Path

How much memory (RAM) do you have in this system?

16 GB of ram (total)

That may be the problem. In my experience you need at least 16 of free RAM.
If there are other things running, the OS may kill Vivado when the memory consumption increases.

Less jobs would reduce the memory consumption, but it may still not be enough memory in your system. Any chance you can run this on a system with more RAM?

@cking

Could you tell us what is the resources usage “table” of synthesis.
It sound a recursive logic happen and the net list after synthesis is overcoming the router.
No matter how much CPU you got the congestion out run the placer.

If you are not using global synthesis setting, out of block synthesis table sharing could be useful.

ENJOY~

Hi Mario,

I will enquire about acquiring another machine with access to better RAM. That makes sense, I am not sure how the machine operates with regards to other processes going on as it is a cluster/rack of servers. But this may also mean i can operate more at a time and hence more RAM.

Thanks,
Cameron

@briansune

Hi, I’m not sure what you mean by the “table of synthesis”. What do you mean congestion on the CPU? As in the tasks being held on the RAM?
Thanks,
Cameron

@cking

Can you see Vivado Synthesis resources table?
Your problem is stuck @ implementation.
I need to know what are the resources usage to estimate the possible issue here.
Post a screen capture of the synthesis resources both percentage and actual LE usage.

The congestion is not referring to CPU is the FPGA itself.

BTW Vivado implementation issue is not PYNQ related issue however are this post is be awhile it is better to resolve ASAP.

ENJOY~

Hi Brian,

I’m not sure where to find this ‘Vivado Synthesis resources’, will it be stored in one of the folders under ‘cv_dfx_pr’ - this folder seems to be where all the outputs of the trial go.

Under this folder is a subfolder ‘synth_1’ which I am guessing is the key data from the synthesis. Would the data of the table just be held in a .txt file?

Yes I was just keeping it under this thread in case anyone was having the same issues trying to access the PYNQ_composable Vivado build

Thanks for your assistance!

@cking

You only use console to do the job?

If so, then text form synthesis resource table is also fine.

open_run [name of syn] -name [name of syn]
report_utilization

Or make things more clear, could you complete synthesis process?
If so then there must be report like I had attached.

ENJOY~

Hi Mario,

Bitstream successfully generated and attempting to open the xpr file within vivado now

cv_dfx_3_pr.bit (7.4 MB)

Thanks for the assistance as always, keep up the great work!
Cameron

1 Like

@cking

What is the reason you are not able to implement the design?

ENJOY~