Building PYNQ 2.5 and 2.6 for UltraZed on the IOCC

Greetings!

I am attempting to follow the official guide for building PYNQ from pre-compiled images based on the releases of PYNQ v2.5 and PYNQ v2.6, from PYNQ SD Card image — Python productivity for Zynq (Pynq), and the Avnet BSP for 2019.2 and 2020.1 for the UltraZed. However, in the case of the PYNQ v2.5 and Avnet’s BSP for 2019.2 I am running into an issue at building of the DTG with a missing amba_pl device. ‘Subprocess output: Error: /data/PYNQ/sdbuild/build/ultrazed_2019/petalinux_project/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx-v2019.2+gitAUTOINC+a8b39cf536-r0/system-user.dtsi:101.1-9 Label or path amba_pl not found FATAL ERROR: Syntax error parsing input tree’

Researching more it appears that the issue is with the enabling of the FPGA Manager - https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Inclusion-of-the-FPGA-Manager-causes-a-petalinux-build-failure/td-p/1211157 - has anyone built the PYNQ v2.5 with the UltraZed and Avnet’s 2019.2 Bsp?

I also tried to build PYNQ from pre-compiled image v2.6 with the Avnet 2020.1 BSP there is another error. The error is being cased by Avnet’s 2020.1 BSP requiring the specification of the ‘Yocto Machine name’ to be set to uz3eg-iocc and PYNQ’s scripting expects this to be blank. Specifying the local.conf file to include the valid uz3eg-iocc naming scheme is not accepted by the build system.

Can someone please assist me?

1 Like

I am also interested in a Pynq build for the Ultrazed/IOCC. I have experienced difficulty in setting up a build machine (package dependencies), running Avnet scripts, etc. similar to you. I have a project that would benefit by being able to generate a custom BSP for the IOCC and building Pynq around that but I have been unsuccessful. I am now using an Ultra96-V2 to keep the project moving forward as there is a Pynq build available for it. I have attempted to follow the build process utilizing the Ultra96-V2 but have encountered problems with that build as well. I am hoping someone more experienced at performing these builds will step in and help or better, create a tutorial that when I follow, it works successfully.

1 Like