Custom Build with prebuilt image fails

Hi,
I’m trying to built a Pynq image for the custom board Genesys ZU 3EG from Digilent. For that I created my own XSA file and took the ultra96v2_v2.6.0.img since it should have a Ultrascale+ MPSOC ZU 3EG device as well.
My command looks like this:
make PREBUILT=directory/ultra96v2_v2.6.0.img BOARDS=GENESYS
with the GENESYS directory created in the boards section like recommended in
PYNQ SD Card — Python productivity for Zynq (Pynq). I also created a BOARD.spec file which includes a bitfile, the aarch64 architecture and the stage4 packages: pynq and ethernet.

It runs and creates the GENESYS-2.6.0.img but throws an error (ERROR 1) later which states:

The containing partition (or device) is only 1767240 (4k) blocks. You requested a new size of 1795139 blocks
Apparantly it is the command: sudo chroot / resize2fs /dev/mapper/loop17p2 7180556K

I’m using a virtual machine with vivado/Vitis and petalinux 2020.1 on Ubuntu 18.4.3 (which is supported)

I would recommend starting from the board agnositic image as your prebuilt rather than the Ultra96. The final stage of the image creation process is shrinking the image down to a smaller size for distribution and it looks like the flow doesn’t like that happening for a second time.

Peter

Thanks Peter, now it ran without a problem.

Best regards!
Daniel