KR260 Desktop Issue

Hello,

I’m trying to use Pynq on KR260 board as follow:

• Prepare SD card with ubuntu - No issue
  • Boot and update ubuntu (apt update/upgrade) - No issue
  • Pynq installation - No issue

The trouble comes after rebooting the board. I don’t have Gnome Desktop anymore.

ctrl+alt + F8 doesn’t work. And I got simple error message " Cannot open default display"

Same issue on 2 board with the same process (according to the getting starting guide should work…)

Any tips to solve this issue ?

Cheers,

Hi @Nini,

Welcome to the PYNQ community.

We have not verified the Ubuntu image with Gnome Desktop after installing pynq, so. I would say this is something that is not supported.

Can you elaborate why you need to use Gnome Desktop and pynq?

Mario

Hi @marioruiz and thanks for repplying :slight_smile:

As the Starter guide is based on GNOME Desktop it would seem normal to be able to use the desktop :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, we have some tools based on Pyqt5 GUI and we would like to be able to run both in the same time :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Nini

Can you please provide the link to this getting started guide for my reference?

Jokes aside, we have some tools based on Pyqt5 GUI and we would like to be able to run both in the same time :slight_smile:

Did you try to reinstall gnome? Or what is the output of sudo systemctl get-default
Perhaps, this got changed when pynq was installed

Mario

Starter Guide link : Booting your Starter Kit

sudo systemctl get-default reply : graphical.target

Yes I have tried to reinstall but same issue.

Nini

Unfortunately, I do not have a good answer.

Can you please open an issue in the GitHub repository? Issues · Xilinx/Kria-PYNQ · GitHub
Please include what you have tried, I think it may be easier to track this on GitHub

Hi @Nini,

I believe that this was just fixed in the latest PR on Kria-Pynq. Removing unnecessary purge that was blowing away the gnome-desktop (#36) · Xilinx/Kria-PYNQ@0053588 · GitHub

Hopefully it will do the trick. If you’re able to check to see if this solves your issue please do report back :slight_smile:

All the best,
Shane

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.