Downloading the bitstream freezes everything

@aspaul20

Could you also share the address map of the Vivado project of AXI blocks?
Short check device is aligned but not sure your image sanity.

ENJOY~

Here it is.

The design is as following.

Upon generation of bitstream, I get the following error (I ignored it by changing its severity, do you think it could be something causing the freeze?)

> NSTD #1 272 out of 304 logical ports use I/O standard (IOSTANDARD) value 'DEFAULT', instead of a user assigned specific value. This may cause I/O contention or incompatibility with the board power or connectivity affecting performance, signal integrity or in extreme cases cause damage to the device or the components to which it is connected. To correct this violation, specify all I/O standards. This design will fail to generate a bitstream unless all logical ports have a user specified I/O standard value defined. To allow bitstream creation with unspecified I/O standard values (not recommended), use this command: set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks NSTD-1]. NOTE: When using the Vivado Runs infrastructure (e.g. launch_runs Tcl command), add this command to a .tcl file and add that file as a pre-hook for write_bitstream step for the implementation run. Problem ports: m_axi_input_r_ARBURST[1], m_axi_input_r_ARBURST[0], m_axi_input_r_ARCACHE[3], m_axi_input_r_ARCACHE[2], m_axi_input_r_ARCACHE[1], m_axi_input_r_ARCACHE[0], m_axi_input_r_ARID[0], m_axi_input_r_ARLEN[7], m_axi_input_r_ARLEN[6], m_axi_input_r_ARLEN[5], m_axi_input_r_ARLEN[4], m_axi_input_r_ARLEN[3], m_axi_input_r_ARLEN[2], m_axi_input_r_ARLEN[1], m_axi_input_r_ARLEN[0] (the first 15 of 272 listed).

This warning: ZPS7 #1 The PS7 cell must be used in this Zynq design in order to enable correct default configuration.

1 Like

@aspaul20

I will suggest if you got a JTAG cable, use xil_io via C++ Vitis/SDK project to verify the IP first.
Quick peeking shows no major error on blocks.

So a helloworld SDK project and include xil_io to see the address changing etc.
Meantime use also System-ILA with SDK/Vitis to check the IP.
Such method is known as NO-OS approach.

ENJOY~

1 Like