How to use a uart in pynq-z2,wwhere is baud rate setting?

form this uarl UART Devices
it shows how to use uart in Microblaze Librar.
It tells us how to use uart in pynq-z2.
Like:
uart uart_open()
void uart_read()
void uart_write()
void uart_close()

Howerev, I have a question for it,that where is the baud rate for this uart setting?
9600?
115200?
the article say nothing about this important parameters.

The UART is a PL IP. The baud rate for the UART IP is set in the Vivado project.It is not programmable so can’t be configured at run time.

Cathal

thanks ,get it。
If we want to design our own uart UART IP with configurable baud rate,is it iokey to use multi bit in the same jupyter notebook?(cause we want to use uart bit to get data and other bit to process another things)

Hi,could I ask the baud rate of this rpi uart?
At presrnt,I use a 115200 baud rate.:)

RPi is 115200 baud.
Info here: https://pynq.readthedocs.io/en/v2.5.1/pynq_libraries/rpi.html#block-diagram

If we want to design our own uart UART IP with configurable baud rate,is it iokey to use multi bit in the same jupyter notebook?(cause we want to use uart bit to get data and other bit to process another things)

I’m not sure what you mean by multi bit. If you have your own configurable UART IP then yes, you could use this. We used the UART IP in the Vivado library which doesn’t support configuring the baud at runtime (as far as I remember).

Cathal

Thank u very much, I did a test with rpi uart just now(link rpi uart to PC),I find with baud rate in 9600,the data is transferd.It is confusing!!!