Makefile ends at check_mounts.sh

PYNQ v2.4
Xilinx Tools 2018.3
Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial

Hi,

I am running the makefile to build my project;however, the build process ends after check_mounts.sh. I made sure to source my settings for Vivado, SDK and Petalinux before running the make file and turned off petalinux webtalk option.

This is my output when I run the makefile:
vagrant@ubuntu-xenial:/sdbuild/pynq-git/sdbuild$ make BOARDDIR=/sdbuild/pynq-git/sdbuild/boards/ZCU102
which vivado | fgrep 2018.3
/sdbuild/Vivado/2018.3/bin/vivado
which petalinux-config | fgrep 2018.3
/sdbuild/Petalinux/2018.3/tools/common/petalinux/bin/petalinux-config
which arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
/sdbuild/Petalinux/2018.3/tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
which microblaze-xilinx-elf-gcc
/sdbuild/Petalinux/2018.3/tools/linux-i386/microblaze-xilinx-elf/bin/microblaze-xilinx-elf-gcc
which ct-ng
/opt/crosstool-ng/bin/ct-ng
which python | fgrep /usr/bin/python
/usr/bin/python
sudo -n mount > /dev/null
bash /sdbuild/pynq-git/sdbuild/scripts/check_Env.sh
bash /sdbuild/pynq-git/sdbuild/scripts/check_mounts.sh

I read into ** PeterOgden’s** answer in this thread: Issues: Quick Porting of PYNQ using Pre-built Images - #3 by AWoLnik and tried to debug it .

When I run mount | grep build the output I get is:
vagrant@ubuntu-xenial:/sdbuild/pynq-git/sdbuild$ mount | grep build
/dev/sdc1 on /sdbuild type xfs (rw,noatime,attr2,nobarrier,inode64,noquota)

I tried to unmount that file & delete the image file according to his instructions, but was unable to. This was my output when I tried to:

I ran the make command again with the -n and -d option, to get more info on why the makefile wasn’t working.

This is my make output with the -n option:
vagrant@ubuntu-xenial:/sdbuild/pynq-git/sdbuild$ make -n BOARDDIR=/sdbuild/pynq-git/sdbuild/boards/ZCU102
which vivado | fgrep 2018.3
which petalinux-config | fgrep 2018.3
which arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
which microblaze-xilinx-elf-gcc
which ct-ng
which python | fgrep /usr/bin/python
sudo -n mount > /dev/null
bash /sdbuild/pynq-git/sdbuild/scripts/check_Env.sh
bash /sdbuild/pynq-git/sdbuild/scripts/check_mounts.sh

This is my output with the -d option:
Make -d option output.txt (161.7 KB)

^The output of this file was huge, so I put it in a txt file. Let me know if you want it in a different format.
I would appreciate it if you could tell me why my build is being stopped by the check_mount.sh script.

This looks like our checking script is being a be over-zealous. It checks to see if any sdbuild folder is mounted which in your case is picking up the /sdbuild folder you’re using a work directory. For now you should just be able to comment out the check or change the grep to search for PYNQ/sdbuild more specifically

Peter

Seems like commenting out the check fixed it!
Thanks!

Quick Question tho: Will commenting out the check_mount.sh script cause an error when I want to build another new PYNQ image?

Excuse me, how to comment out the check? I do like this, but it has no effect.

The output like this, and I run " mount | grep build ", it has no output.

The Makefile is ending because it doesn’t think there is anything to do. What’s the structure of your board repository?

Peter

Thank you very much. I have solve the problem. The problem is that the soft link is not configured well.
But now I want to update my ultra96v2 board to support dpu-pynq. I have update the image, but when I run “pip3 install pynq-dpu”, the process of install was stuck in one place for more than 30 minutes. Is it normal ?