PS/PL GPIO voltage

Hi,

Ask a question on GPIO pin voltage. We plan to use the ZYNQ XCZU5EV MPSoC for our project, but we need part of the GPIOs to be 1.2v, however I checked the MIO banks, looks like it only supports 1.8v, 2.5v, or 3.3V (from Vivado MIO bank configuration), is my understanding correct? if so, Is any way to configure the GPIO on PS/PL to support 1.2v ? If we provide 1.2v to the VCCO of the IO Bank, will that whole bank support 1.2v?

Thanks,
Stone

1 Like

From the TRM, the HP IOs support voltage range 1.0v ~ 1.8v, so looks like it should be able to support 1.2V, but I am not sure how is that done, is that done automatically internally when we configure it to 1.2V in .xdc file? or we need to provide 1.2v to VCCO and Vref pin of the bank that pin locates?

could someone help to answer my question? Thanks

Hello,

The relevant documentation is DS925 - Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC Data Sheet: DC and AC Switching Characteristics.
Page 4-5:

• VCCO_PSIO: 1.710 – 3.465
  • VCCO HD: 1.140 – 3.400 V
  • VCCO HP: 0.950 – 1.900

is that done automatically internally when we configure it to 1.2V in .xdc file?

The IOSTANDARD in the .xdc is mostly used to predict timings. It will not change the voltage.
All IO voltages are defined on PCB by providing the right voltage on the VCCO pins of the relevant bank.
Most boards do not allow you to select IO voltage. Do with the board’s limitations.

BTW, these questions are not related to Pynq. You better ask on Xilinx’s website.

Mikaël

1 Like

Thanks Mikael