PYNQ: PYTHON PRODUCTIVITY

Pynq python integration with labview

Hi,

I am using pynq OS to control and do various functions on the pynq-z2 board. I am using a pynq custom package called pynq networking overlay that gives the data to various jupyter notebook installed in the OS.

I wanted to know if this data can be sent over to the PC and to the LabVIEW software for display and further processing it.

There are several ways to integrate with LabVIEW.
On Linux, I used a SCPI client library, and made a TCP/IP service for it.
LabVIEW can connect to that, and from that point on, you can use the typical LabVIEW SCPI mechanisms.
https://www.element14.com/community/groups/test-and-measurement/blog/2018/04/27/scpi-on-a-linux-board-letter-of-intent

Should work on the Pynq distro because it only uses Linux standard libraries, and an open source SCPI library.

The project is broken up into a number of small steps. I made it while I wrote it.

1 Like

Thanks for the SCPI option. I will explore it a bit. Does it work on a Windows system as well. (I have installed LabVIEW on windows)

Also, just for curiosity, what are the other ways of integrating python pynq package with LabVIEW.

The device side, where the scpi lib runs (in your case, the Pynq board), I have only tested on Linux.

My LABView install is also on Windows, and this works. My article has an example driver and project attached.

1 Like