PYNQ Z2 pinout

Hi! I was tired to check the PYNQ Z2 schematics to find the Zynq IO label every time I need to use a new board pin, so I decided to create a pinout for the PYNQ Z2 of the kind of those for Arduinos, ESP32s, etc. It isn’t too sophisticated, but it may serve for other members of the PYNQ community. I leave you here a PNG and the original in SVG if anyone wants to modify it. It is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

PYNQ.zip (2.1 MB)

11 Likes

This is brilliant - thanks for sharing!

Cathal

1 Like

Quite a time saver!

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello, I tried using your schematic for RaspberryPi header and I noticed some pins are incorrect e.g. two Y17 pins. I looked at diagram provided by TUL website: https://dpoauwgwqsy2x.cloudfront.net/Download/pynqz2_user_manual_v1_0.pdf and found RaspberryPi pinout there. In case someone else is having the same problem.

1 Like

Hi @Lipetka

It seems that there were some errors in the pinout. As you pointed out, the RPIO06 pin was incorrectly assigned as Y17, thus being duplicated.

I have also received an email from Tim Frey indicating this issue and proposing a new pinout version with the correct pin for the RPIO06, U18. He also pointed out that the Arduino header pins SCL and SDA were switched.

Regarding the mismatching between the Raspberry Pi header pinout pins and the ones available in the reference manual. Tim Frey sent me a new version of the reference manual from TUL where the RPi header pins have been corrected, now being accordingly to the PYNQ Z2 schematics.

I leave here the updated version of the pinout. Thanks to @Lipetka and Tim Frey for the corrections.

PYNQ Z2 pinout v2.zip (3.1 MB)

3 Likes