Python IDE on ZCU111

I would like to set up a Python IDE on the ZCU111 to support software development. I am on Xilinx Release 2019_06_26 d9c7521, I have PYNQ installed and have run several of the Jupyter notebooks successfully.

Probably I am having difficulties because I am fairly new to both Python and Linux.

I have tried to install IDLE, which comes with the Linux distribution, but it seems to want to connect to the Internet during installation, and I haven’t sorted out how to do that given that I am connected to the ZCU111 from my laptop over an Ethernet cable.

I tried Spyder, but the Anaconda installation seems to think the ZCU111 is 32 bits (the Linux lscpu command confirms that it is not) and then generates an install error.

I have got PyCharm (Community) installed, following

and

Using the ‘Install using tar achives’ steps, since we don’t seem to have snap.

So far so good. But then

sh pycharm.sh

Generates

Error: Can’t open display:

Which I hope is a relatively simple configuration problem. Is there anyone smarter than me about this that can set me straight?

Thanks,
Jerrold

I use pycharm as well, but I usually just open the file from samba drive, and use pycharm like a text editor. For samba access, you should be able to map your board into your PC. See here:Getting Started — Python productivity for Zynq (Pynq)

1 Like