Strange problem for ZCU102

I tried building image for Pynq-Z1 and Pynq-Z2 board it worked fine through MAKE command, when i tried same thing for the ZCU102 board it failed saying

NOTE: Starting bitbake server…
NOTE: Starting bitbake server…
ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server (None)
ERROR: Server log for this session (/media/PYNQ/sdbuild/build/ZCU102/petalinux_project/build/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
— Starting bitbake server pid 31937 at 2021-10-06 07:30:43.462396 —
ERROR: Layer meta-user is not compatible with the core layer which only supports these series: zeus (layer is compatible with gatesgarth)
ERROR: Layer meta-user is not compatible with the core layer which only supports these series: zeus (layer is compatible with gatesgarth)

ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server (None)
ERROR: Server log for this session (/media/PYNQ/sdbuild/build/ZCU102/petalinux_project/build/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
— Starting bitbake server pid 31937 at 2021-10-06 07:30:43.462396 —

ERROR: Failed to config project.

Even I tried building through pre image still I encountred same error, even i tried chaning in conf file to diffrent layers nothing same to working.

Does anyone have any idea why this Pynq working just for Z1 and Z2 board not to other boards ?

We’re you able to get past the Petalinux issue?

If no, can you send more info on how you were building for the ZCU102? My guess is an incompatibility between BSP Version and Petalinux version – the error messages are from Yocto

I did a complete reinstallation of vivado and petalinux now working fine. Thank you.

1 Like