Trying to import nexmo

did anyone tried using pip3 import nexmo in pynq .

I am getting error while doing so,

Where you trying to pip3 install this?

Cathal

Hi PYNQ,

i am trying “pip3 import nexmo” in the Pynq terminal .

Thanks,

Vineet

I’m not familiar with nexmo, if you are trying to install it, you should probably be trying to
pip3 install nexmo
If it is insalled, and you want to use it, from Python, you should probably be trying to
import nexmo

If you explain what output you get it might help.

Cathal

1 Like

Hi PYNQ,

I am getting below error:

root@pynq:/home/xilinx# pip3 install nexmo
Collecting nexmo
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<ur
llib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0xb5a7dff0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure i
n name resolution’,)‘: /simple/nexmo/
Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<ur
llib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0xb5a7de70>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure i
Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<ur
llib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0xb5a7deb0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure i
Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<ur
llib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0xb5a7de30>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure i
Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<ur
llib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0xb5a7dbb0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure i
n name resolution’,)': /simple/nexmo/
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement nexmo (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for nexmo
root@pynq:/home/xilinx#

Thanks,

Vineet

It looks like your board is not connected to the internet.

It seemed to install correctly for me.

Cathal