Vitis Vision Libraries with PYNQ Z2

Hi All,

I am working on a video processing project using the PYNQ Z2 board. I creating a custom IP involving some computer vision algorithms. I am a beginner in HLS, therefore can somebody please help me how I can use Vitis HLS and the Vitis Vision libraries or can someone refer me to a turtorial for the same.

I have tried writing a simple code but I was facing a lot of issue initially understanding which functions were used now after the change into Vitis vision library. After solving these issues, I faced a blocker problem which I am not able to resolve yet.

/home/user/Xilinx/Vivado/2022.2/tps/lnx64/binutils-2.37/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libopencv_core.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_stringstream<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_stringstream()@GLIBCXX_3.4.26'

/home/user/Xilinx/Vivado/2022.2/tps/lnx64/binutils-2.37/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libopencv_core.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_ostringstream<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_ostringstream()@GLIBCXX_3.4.26'

I am encountering this error during my simulation. In my code, I am just passing image into the gaussian blur function from the Vitis vision library and in my test bench I am using the openCV functions like read and write in order to convert the image into a Mat and vice versa.

I guess it is something related to the compiler side but I am not sure how to resolve it. I am working on a time constraint project therefore I have to clear this error in order to achieve my other goals.

Hoping for an answer soon !

Kind Regards,
Srijith Krishnan

1 Like

Hi @srijith.krishnan,

Welcome to the PYNQ community.

You can check how this is done in the composable overlay.

Mario

Thank you @marioruiz

I believe this should suffice, but I plan to dive into it a bit further. Iā€™m hopeful that I can return to this same place if any other issues arise.

I am trying out the example that you have provided.

Regards,
Srijith

1 Like