ZCU111 RFSOC PYNQ support for Vivado 2019.1 .hwh files

Hi,

We are using a ZCU111 board and are trying to use the PYNQ drivers. This is fine if I use Vivado 2018.3 to create a bitstream and then do hardware export. The exported my_design.hwh file works ok with PYNQ drivers.

However if I use the Vivado 2019.1 tools, the exported .hwh file causes the PYTHON PYNQ routines to crash. The cause of the problem is describeded below. Can anyone tell me if they have used vivado 2019.1 succesfully with PYNQ for RFSOC. Can anyone point me at the appropriate PYTHON drivers?

Thanks,
Simon

The problem is with a file called config.py. This file lives in the ZCU111/packages/xrfdc/pkg/xrdc/ directory.
The problem is that there are some Python Dictionary definitions in the config.py file which define what to look for in the .hwh file. See attached image. In Vivado 2018 the exported RFSOC hardware definition contains the C_Sysref_Master definition . e.g.<PARAMETER NAME='C_Sysref_Master" VALUE=228" />
but in the Vivado 2019.1 this is missing so the python crashes with error message as shown in attached image.

https://github.com/Xilinx/ZCU111-PYNQ/tree/master/ZCU111/packages/xrfdc/pkg/xrfdc

oops should have added this image

Hi,
I hacked the config.py file until it stopped crashing. I removed all items from dicts that seemed to refer to non-existent items in the .hhw file. So if you are using Vivado 2019.1 you could try this.

config.py file attached.

Simonconfig.py (4.7 KB)

Hi @SimonHildebrand, thanks for reporting this out!
We appreciate your thorough analysis and also that you proposed a potential solution.
We will definitely look into this problem.