ZCU216 adding new TICs configurations

I’ve built an image targeting the ZCU216 based on GitHub - sarafs1926/ZCU216-PYNQ: Board repo for the ZCU216 RFSOC.
I’m now trying to work out how to configure the LMK and LMX devices on the CLK104 module. I have the TICs output files for my configurations. Do I have to re-build the image after placing these TICs files /tics directory? Or can I add them directly to the board here:
I assume if I do add the files directly to the board, they will be lost on a reboot?

Hi there,

You certainly shouldn’t need to rebuild a new image, your filesystem partition is persistent on the SD card, so files in that directory will not disappear. The readme for the xrfclk package actually suggests dropping in new register files to that folder for your custom configurations, just make sure to follow the naming scheme.

Thanks
Shawn

Ah of course. I’d read the readme for the xrfclk package but it wasn’t clear what it meant by " into the folder xrfclk". Thanks, i’ll give it a go.

@skalade do you know where they are refering to in the README.md when it says “For other boards you may also need to adjust the I2C and SPI addresses specified in src/xrfdc_clk.h.”?

On my board I set the LMK to give a 350MHz reference to the DAC LMX which generates a 7000MHz reference for the RFSoC DAC due to the hole in the RFSoC internal PLL. The ADC LMX I put in a power down state. I can’t immediately see how I send different configurations to the two LMX devices.

Oh that’s a good spot, those files don’t exist anymore and aren’t used by the package. The line should be removed from the readme. If you have a non-standard setup, I believe you would just be editing the xrfclk.py file.

I’ve never used the 216, but I believe you should be able to just run

xrfclk.set_ref_clks(lmk_freq=your_lmk_freq, lmx_freq=your_lmx_freq)

Where your_lmk_freq and your_lmx_freq are the frequencies of your tics files in that folder.

Thanks
Shawn

I see, thanks. Yes i’ve set the clocks just as you suggested. So I assume both the LMX devices will be set up the same. No problem, i’ll have to have a closer look at xfclk.py to see what’s going on