- This project includes an overlay and notebooks which guide the user through developing a DSP application using Python and PYNQ.
- The overlay moves data over DMA through PYNQ-programmable FIRs and an FFT to filter audio signals.
- The first notebook is a primer on both DSP and Python packages centered around DSP functionality.
- The second notebook takes the knowledge learned from the first and uses it to perform similar functions, but using hardware IP on the programmable logic.
- This design offers an environment to evaluate the Soft Decision Forward Error Correction (SD-FEC) IPs using PYNQ.
- The design features a configurable data path including:
– BPSK, QPSK, QAM-16, and QAM-64 modulation schemes.
– An encoding/decoding pair of SD-FEC blocks with a set of different LDPC codes.
– An AWGN channel model with configurable noise power.