PYNQ 2.5.1 build: Error in link resolv.conf after chroot

Dear,

I am trying to build PYNQ on a custom board (Ultrazed EV) using a Ubuntu 18.04 machine.
I downloaded the ubuntu sysroot and pynq source distributions.

Running the following

make PYNQ_SDIST=/home/user/repos/Pynq/sdbuild/pynq-2.5.tar.gz PREBUILT=/home/user/repos/Pynq/sdbuild/bionic.aarch64.2.5.img BOARDS=uz7ev_evcc

results in a premature exit of the script when a github.com cannot be referenced after chroot in the VM.
When I exit the script, change root by hand and update resolv.conf, github.com can be resolved by the git tool.

I tried downloading and decompressing pynq_rootfs_aarch64_v2.5.zip again, but the same results are obtained.

Can you help me on this one?

Can you see where /etc/resolv.conf links to on the host? The chroot assumes that it links to /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf so you might need to create a symlink there to the correct place. Depending on network configuration and Linux version this file appears to move.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for pointing this out to me, I did not see it.
On my host resolv.conf points to …/run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf

When I <sudo mkdir /run/resolvconf> and <sudo cp /etc/resolv.conf /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf> after a reboot and attempt again, the build completes.

Yes we have seen that as well. You probably need PYNQ/setup_host.sh at master · Xilinx/PYNQ · GitHub

to make it work. We will fix this in next release. Thanks.