PYNQ & RFSoC labs now available for download

Hi all,

At the recent Xilinx World Wide Sales Conference, the PYNQ team hosted a series of 1-hour walkup labs on the ZCU111 RFSoC Platform.

Today, we are open-sourcing the entire PYNQ & RFSoC lab as a preloaded ZCU111 SD Card image – please see the PYNQ_RFSoC_Workshop Github Repository for steps to get the SD card image and run the walkup labs.

These labs highlight several key RFSoC capabilities:

1. The RF data converter path is explored in external loopback– all control and visualization is done within JupyterLab running directly on the ZCU111.

2. In another bitstream, the integrated SD-FEC blocks are driven across multiple LDPC codes and modulation schemes to explore transmission reliability in non-ideal environments.

3. Finally, Pythonic digital signal processing is driven from the ZCU111 ARM processors controlling programmable logic FIR and FFTs.

Thank you if you were able to attend the lab. Otherwise, if you have access to a ZCU111, please feel free to download the image and replay the labs at your convenience.

Best,
The PYNQ team

2 Likes

Hi,
I was trying with the latest 2.6 version of the RFSoC image.
I am a newbie so please excuse if this is not the right place to ask this question.

I was able to load the Jupyter notebook and run the first notebook.
However, the init_B LED is always red.
Before booting up from the SDcard I ran the BIST and it was green then and all the Good LED’S were green.
So, Is this a problem or can I ignore it?

Regards
sravan

1 Like

What is BIST?

Buillt in Self test