RFSoC 4x2 boot: Test FAIL

I’ve tried to boot the new RFSoC 4x2 following the basic guide on Cathal McCabe’s channel, here: RFSoC 4x2 - YouTube.
Unfortunately on expecting to find a message on the little display indicating the IP address I should connect to the board with, I find only: “Test FAIL”.
Does anyone know what I should do here?
My next steps are to try re-flashing the SD card. I’m very concerned because I’d imagine this to be a fairly serious problem.

you connect the TX to the RX sma?

Edit: before flashing the card, if you ahve an SD card reader, if you plug the card into your PC you should see a disk drive appear. Please check the contents and look for a boot.py. Please copy the contents of the file and post back here please. It would also be good to let us know what other files you see in the directory.

We suspect you may have the wrong image on the SD card and you just need to update it.

After this, you can you try re-flash the card with the latest 4x2 image here and report back please?
http://www.pynq.io/board

Cathal

Hi Cathal and Danieli,

Thanks for your replies. Having consulted a few others who’ve used this board it seems this is normal behaviour for the supplied SD card image. I actually have another custom image for use with our planned application so I’m going to switch to that and start working with the board that way instead.
Apologies – perhaps it would be useful for others to see this issue properly resolved and closed, but I just don’t have time to work through these steps even to verify the cause of this error message; this is just a spare-time project for me.