Sharing buffer address with programmable logic

Hello, I basically filled a buffer with some data using numpy and now I want the data in this buffer to act as input for my programmable logic. As I understand I will need to give the address of this buffer to the programmable logic but how will I do this and where?

Hi @pynquser,

Welcome to the PYNQ community.

I suggest you check out these tutorials:

You should also provide more details of the interfaces to your logic. This way the answer can be more specific.

Mario

1 Like

Hi @marioruiz

Thanks for your reply. I did go over the DMA tutorial, but I am not quite sure how I can implement it with my IP (please see the picture below). I require high speeds so I assume that DMA is the fastest option. I have provided a picture for the interfaces of my logic. The input is a data bus of 72 bits, and on the output side, the data will be leaving serially. How can I go about implementing this?

1 Like

You should adapt your interfaces to use AXI4-Stream. This is likely the easiest solution.

Hi, I adapted my input (this is the data I need to be sent from python) to be AXI stream interface/
Also, how can I ensure that the data that I will be sending from python is binary? Do I have my input array of size 72 and have inside of it values of 0 and 1? Will it automatically be taken as binary?

Data is already in binary, like in any other digital system. You can interpret these bit it in many different ways.

Mario