Update time and date

When I powered Pynq Z1 board with lapotp. Blue lights dont turn on. How can I log in to the board and update time?

Connect a USB terminal, and check the boot log as the board is booting.
https://pynq.readthedocs.io/en/v2.5.1/getting_started/pynq_z1_setup.html#opening-a-usb-serial-terminal

I had tried these steps. But when I hit ‘Enter’ command prompt appears balnk and after 2 minutes it says" Fatal error"

Do you see any of the boot log?
Can you post an image of this, and an image where it shows the fatal error message?
If there is a problem with the board booting, you could try use a different SD card, or re-burn the image to the card.

Cathal

[quote=“cathalmccabe, post:4, topic:1679”]
Can you post an image of this, and an image where it shows the fatal error message?
[/quote] I have followed this step many time. So I don’t have a picture of Fatal error message. Now it shows only blank command prompt of PUTTY.

[quote=“cathalmccabe, post:4, topic:1679”]
If there is a problem with the board booting, you could try use a different SD card, or re-burn the image to the card
[/quote] Will that work?

It shows Connection time out when I tried to connect board by Putty and by TeraTerm too.

OK. I’d suggest try re-flash SD card, or try a different SD card.

Cathal

We are using the ZCU111 and had similar issues. I’m using Linux Ubuntu. Since you tried putty and teraterm with serial connection try again also with gig-E cable connected. Once in, all you need is to set the date to present from the Unix time. If all that works, there is also a hwclock command with drift connection. Keep us updated here.

Alright thank you. Will update soon when done