I’m a new user so have limitation for posts. Hence a new post.
Continuing the discussion from Connecting to the internet - Zynq 104:
I have found the solution for this. The pynq image is based of the Ubuntu Distro. Ubuntu is slowly migrating to a new tool called Netplan for network configurations. Pynq images for Pynq Z2 and ZCU104 are capable of using it. That MIGHT be the case for the other images. I shall put the steps I did below.
- Try the advice by other people above
- If the issue does not resolve, discard all the changes
- Remove or Comment (#) DHCP configuration if set in
- Follow Setting DNS Nameservers on Ubuntu Server in the link below. Note: A YAML file might have to be created if it does not exist
Set DNS Nameservers on Ubuntu 18.04 Guide
- The above guide shows a static configuration. Set DHCP to yes and remove addresses field under it.
- The addresses field under nameserver can be set to any DNS nameserver address. Google’s DNS nameserver did not work for me so I switched to OpenDNS.
wget <website-link>/index.htmlafter completion. Request should be able to resolve and file is downloaded.
My netplan file from ZCU104
Note: The gateway4 field in my example is the address of a Ethernet adapter plugged in a Desktop PC to share Internet connection. Guides below