"HWH file is recommended"

I am running the PYNQ Workshop notebooks on a Pynq-Z2 board using release version 2.5. the board is connected via static IP address to a computer so it is not directly on the internet.

When I import an overlay bitstream from a jupyter notebook I get the following message (this one is from session 4, 1_ps_gpio) :

/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pynq/pl_server/device.py:594: UserWarning: Users will not get PARAMETERS / REGISTERS information through TCL files. HWH file is recommended.
warnings.warn(message, UserWarning)

Are these warnings safe to ignore or is there something I should be doing?

TCL support is going to be deprecated eventually. So I would recommend you don’t ignore them and use the HWH instead. It’s a byproduct of bistream synthesis so you should have it.

Where do I find the hwh file? I am using Pynq-Z2 board using release version 2.5. I am using Xilinx Vivado and HLS versions 2018.3. I created a project and found an hwh file here, but it does not seem to give me the register information.

…\project_3\project_3.srcs\sources_1\bd\design_1\hw_handoff\design_1.hwh

I created a project and found an hwh file here, but it does not seem to give me the register information.

Can you be more specific? What error/issue are you encountering? The hwh file that you mention should indeed be the one to use (the other way is to unzip the .hdf file obtained when exporting the hardware from vivado, and get the .hwh file from there, but it should be the exact same)

If that is the correct file then I am all set. Thanks.