[Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW

Hello dear Pynq community,

I am currently trying to program the zynq on Pynq-Z2 via JTAG with the pins available on JP3 and a Xilinx platform USB cable.
In vivado labs I am able to connect correctly to the zynq via auto connect, but when I try to program the device using my bitstream I get the following error :
[Labtools 27-3165] End of startup status: LOW

Which as I understood means that the DONE pin R11 does not go high at the end, and that the zynq is not programmed. I am not using or redefining the R11 pin in my design to my knowledge.

Can somebody help me to solve this error in order to be able to program the zynq via JTAG please ?

Best regards

1 Like

What happens when you use the micro USB cable? Do you know that you don’t need to use a platform USB cable?

Did you check your wiring to JP3?

Cathal

When I use the micro USB cable I’m able to program correctly the zynq and blink some leds.

But the thing is that I want to make a custom board afterward without the FT2232HL USB/UART chip that takes some space and represents a cost.

Yes I think the wiring on JP3 is correct as I’m able to auto connect correctly to the zynq via the hardware manager of vivado.

Viosse

1 Like

Anybody has already been able to program the zynq on the pynq board with a Xilinx Platform Cable please ?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Viosse

Yes, I’ve just tested this and it is fine for me.
I have a Digilent USB-JTAG and a Xilinx Platform Cable USB II (red box).
TO connect the programmer to the board, I was using a header on one side, and fly wires on the other side. (Header plugs in to either programmer, wires to the pins on the board.)
I don’t remember if the header came with the Xilinx programmer or DIgilent, but I notice the ground on the header was in the wrong place for the Xilinx red box (no green light on programmer). I used another wire to connect to ground and it worked OK.
Jumper is also set to JTAG, so board doesn’t boot from SD.

Cathal

1 Like

Hi Cathal,

I finaly found the issue. I was wrongly using the XVREF from the pynq Z2 board as VREF on the Platform cable.
I’m using now the 3.3V on the board as VREF and it works fine.

Thank you for your feedback and help !

1 Like

Great, good to hear this is resolved and thanks for posting back the solution. :+1:

Cathal

1 Like