Rebuild the base overlay for RFSoC 4x2

Hello everyone.
My goal is to try to rebuild the base overlay in Vivado.
I am trying to follow the guide but there are difficulties.

After the command source ./base.tcl a project is opened but without a block diagram.

In addition, there is an error that things are missing:

ERROR: [Board 49-71] The board_part definition was not found for realdigital.org:rfsoc4x2:part0:1.0. The project's board_part property was not set, but the project's part property was set to xczu48dr- ffvg1517-2-e. Valid board_part values ​​can be retrieved with the 'get_board_parts' Tcl command. Check if board.repoPaths parameter is set and the board_part is installed from the tcl app store.

In addition, I did not succeed to Add the RFSoC 4x2 Board Files
RFSoC 4x2 Board Files and BSP | RFSoC-PYNQ
I would be happy to receive guidance on how to run the basic project in Vivado.
thanks a lot
Erez

• PYNQ 2.7

Hi there,

We have a makefile on the rfsoc4x2-pynq repo that automatically fetches all the sources you need to build the base overlay and image. If you look at this line RFSoC4x2-PYNQ/Makefile at master · Xilinx/RFSoC4x2-PYNQ · GitHub that’s where the board_files are fetched from the RealDigital github repository.

You can use that link to download the board files and put the extracted board_files folder in the board/RFSoC4x2 directory – this is where the base.tcl script expects the board files to be RFSoC4x2-PYNQ/base.tcl at master · Xilinx/RFSoC4x2-PYNQ · GitHub.

Thanks
Shawn

1 Like

thanks Shawn
I’m in windows :smiling_face_with_tear:. so, I download the zip > and add it to my base folder > than, change the path in the base.tcl file set_param board.repoPaths /1.0/
try to generate bitstream in Vivado now.

hi,
gating some error in the implementation process.

i think i try to install vivadoin linux and follow the guide again.

What steps exactly have you followed?
It looks like you may be missing the constraints file.
If you ran base.tcl, then you need to run build_bitstream.tcl to build properly, don’t just click the build bitstream button.

You should also add the free CMAC license. Get it here: UltraScale+ Integrated 100G Ethernet Subsystem

Cathal

thanks Cathal
you’re right, i just click the bitstream button.
i run the build_bitstream.tcl and add the free CMAC license.
furthermore, i install vivado in Ubuntu.
but now i have issue with the CMAC license.
maybe i need other license or just remove the CMAC?
please see the attach picture.

thanks

As you didn’t have the license when you originally created this design, you may need to reset the output products and regenerate it.

(Right click on the Vivado block design in the sources view and select reset output products)

Cathal

2 Likes

WORKS!

1 Like