Error while rebuliding the BaseOverlay with PYNQ-Z2

Hi, everyone,
I got some errors while rebuliding the BaseOverlay. I followed this doc and source files <bulid_ip.tcl> in Vivado Tcl command line. But something went wrong:

couldn’t open “color_convert/solution1/syn/report/color_convert_csynth.rpt”: no such file or directory

Some infomations:
vivado version: 2020.1
vitis version: 2020.1
PYNQ version: 2.6
Board: PYNQ-Z2

Do you know what causing this?

1 Like

This script builds HLS IP. This has failed for some reason.
Are you sure you are running this script from the correct directory? i.e. did you change to:
cd <PYNQ repository>/boards/Pynq-Z2/base

Can you check if the color_convert folder exists, and if there are any log files you can check?

Cathal

2 Likes

Hi,

This seems to be related to the Y2K22 bug. Did you apply the patch for this bug?

https://support.xilinx.com/s/article/76960?language=en_US

Mario

1 Like

Hello,

I was trying to rebuild the baseOverlay. following the instructions in the tutorial. and I encountered an error in source build_ip.tcl. After that, I also tried to apply the patch for Y2K22patch. but I was still having the same issue. Any suggestion that can help me solve this error?

Some infomations:
vivado version: 2020.1
vitis version: 2020.1
PYNQ version: 2.6
Board: PYNQ-Z2

Thank you in advance for your help.
Shubham

Him

Delete the local copy of PYNQ and re clone.
The script does not check if the IP is properly created, so the best solution is to start from scratch again.

Mario

1 Like

Thank you, Mario, for your advice, I tried to re-clone the PYNQ.and also tried on another system. But still, the problem remains. After that, I went through solution 1 and found an error regarding bitwith, as shown in the image. Any suggestion that can help me solve this error?

Shubham

I think you have some version mismatches.

For PYNQ v2.6 Vivado 2020.1 and vivado_hls are used.

For PYNQ v2.7 Vivado 2020.2 and vitis_hls are used.

I’m confused that you say you are using v2.6 with 2020.1 but your screenshot shows vitis_hls. The v2.6 build_ip.tcl script should be calling vivado_hls.
Are you sure you are using the v2.6 branch?

Cathal

1 Like

I found this page because I got the same error. In my case the fix was simply moving the directory.

My original location had a space in the path; like "C:\Users\Firstname Lastname\Xilinx\PYNQ-master". I copied the “PYNQ-master” folder to "C:\Xilinx\PYNQ-master", and after that it worked.

Might be something to check…