Which Ebook Is Best for Python?

Hello Everyone, As I am new in this forum, I want to learn python and looking for a book to learn it. I have visited some sites like amazon to buy python book but I am confused about which one is better to learn from a fresher point of view. Can any developer suggest me some tips?

1 Like

Learning Python by David Ascher and Mark Lutz is the best python books to go for.

Yes, I have checked these author names from this post.

1 Like

Hi Arjunkumar, If you are completely new to the programming world, then I would highly recommend you to learn computer science fundamentals before jumping into programming.

If you are already familiar with some basic programming and have compiled a simple program in other language like Java/C/C++ or any other language, then you will have fun learning Python as it has a much simpler and beginner friendly syntax.

Its 2018 and I personally feel learning programming from books is one of the most time consuming and inefficient way to learn.

The best way to learn would be the internet, just because there are so many resources available and also there are communities of other developers which can help you in case you face any issues.

As a complete beginner, you will face a lot of issues and it is highly recommended that you have access to a community of people who can help you solve your issues.
However, reading / learning from a documentation would be quite overwhelming if you are a complete beginner, hence I would recommend learning from tutorial websites or MOOC sites like Udemy,
And the best resources to be hands on with it is…

1. Learning Python The Hard Way by Zed Shaw
2. A Byte of Python by Swaroop C H
3. Python for Dummies by Stef Maruch
4. There are lot of resources Available on youtube too..
5. Learning Python The Hard Way has a youtube channel.
6. You can use udemy to learn Python.

i also found this post on the Internet, this post will help you to learn Python.

1 Like

Most of the O’Reilly books are good if you want to apply Python for various Linux or ML applications.

Other than that, the above mentioned books are super useful.